Review of Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series Pool Pump
Nowadays, swimming pools are one of the most significant facilities a hotel has to sell for several reasons. First, it serves its users as a leisure function and also serves as an outlet for exercise. No wonder they claim the safest workout is swimming. Not only in big hotels but also small hoteliers at least have a small swimming pool for their clients. Put the hotels aside; people also build swimming pools in their own homes nowadays. So, all in all, the importance of a swimming pool is rising day by day.
Now, without an integral component which is the pump, this swimming pool can’t run. A swimming pool’s whole function relies on the workings of a pump. The pool’s cleaning system can’t work without the primary pump because the water has to be filtered, and the main pump does the job. Different companies sell various versions of the pool pump, and this business is expected to expand rapidly.
Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series Review
- The Hayward SP1580X15 PowerFlo LX pump with strainer is a high-performance pump designed for above-ground and on-ground pools
- The 100-percent drip proof, heat-resistant double-sized seal allows for long motor life; rated at 1-1/2-horesepower
- Features a 1-1/2 inch intake and discharge, high performance impeller, and heat-resistant double-sided seal for long motor life
- Clear cover lets you see when basket needs cleaning and the drain plug allows for easy maintenance of pump
- Exclusive corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic housing for all-weather performance and quiet operation; includes 6-foot 120-volt power cord
- It is durable and can withstand extreme weather conditions.
- It is surrounded by a corrosion-resistant thermoplastic casing which makes it strong.
- It comes with a large debris basket so that it does not need frequent maintenance.
- It operates quietly.
- It comes with a see-through filter so that the identification of when to clean becomes easy.
- It comes with self-lubricating bearings.
- It comes with a feature of self-shutdown. It does so when the motor is overheated.
- Apart from the auto shutdown, the pump is also capable of auto-start. When the heat levels are within the safety ranges, the motor automatically starts.
- The pump is easy to install due to its minimal piping system.
- It does not come with an ON/OFF switch. The cord has to be manually plugged, and unplugged to use the pump.
- It does not come with a heater and filter, but you can buy it separately and install it.
- The user manual is not very helpful when it comes to more complex tasks.
One such company is Hayward. Currently, Hayward’s pool pumps are in huge demand, and here we offer a review for one of those pool pumps. Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1.5 Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump We provide a complete analysis of this product along with the pros and cons of this product. We will also take a look at the features and specifications of it.
The Power – Flo LX is designed, for pumping water of the above-ground and on-ground type swimming pools. Pumps above ground are an essential part of good swimming pool hygiene which provides users with enjoyment, fun, and luxury. This form of pool pump controls (or circulates specifically) the water in the pool to make it crystal clear, clean and hygienical.
The Hayward company claims that the Power – Flo LX is, for decades, one of the best and durable pool pumps, which has proved its performance and reliability from years of market appearance. The pump has been constructed, keeping an all-weathered environment in mind. They have made the pump quite sturdy and durable so that it sustains the extreme surroundings it might encounter.
Also, its design facilitates quiet and noiseless functioning. It also comes along with a transparent and see-through basket cover so that it helps the cleaner identify if the basket needs cleaning or not.
Rated at 1.5 HP and 115 Volts, the Power – Flo LX is a high performance and durable pool pump built for above ground and in-ground swimming pools. It measures 8.5 x 10 x 22.5 inches, so it is pretty small as compared to its function. Also, it weighs just about 25 pounds or 11.3 kilograms, making it a perfect combination of small size but huge impact.
Thanks to its double-sided and heat-proof seals, the pump is entirely dip-proof, making it more resistant to wear and tear, which increases the motor’s longer life and thereby improves the life of the engine. The product’s debris basket can accommodate up to 118 cubic inches of debris. This massive amount would let the pump operate freely without much frequently needed maintenance and hence reducing the power bills and increasing efficiency.
The hard-wearing and robust pump casing is corrosion free and is constructed from thermoplastics, thus allowing a peaceful and quiet operation. Another reason this pump has low maintenance is its self-oiling bearings which contribute significantly to its effectiveness and durability. The bearings remain lubricated, as they are constructed as such, when in service.
Another great feature of this excellent pump is that it comes with an ability to shut itself when needed. Even when current from the grid fluctuates or when overloading is inevitable, the pump is proven safe to operate since the motor is fitted, with an automated thermal overload relay system that itself shuts off the motor in case of overheating.
The Hayward Power – Flo LX is a great pump when it comes to efficiency. The pump output of the Power – Flo LX is statistically obtained as 91 Gallons per minute at 20 feet of head. It means that this pump can pump 91 Gallons of water in a single minute. Amazing, isn’t it.
The Power – Flo LX is mostly suitable for above-ground and on-ground type swimming pools, and since it comes with a 1.5 HP rating, it is not sensible to use it with tiny pools.
The durable strainer which comes along can collect large debris like leaves, stones and other large waste particles that flow through its 1.5-inch suction pipe. The discharge pipe is also 1.5 inches in diameter, which creates sufficient pressure to ensure the fast cleaning of the swimming pool.
- Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Single Speed Pool Pump
- Review of Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pool Pump
- Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
- Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
So yeah, the pump is undoubtedly good, and there’s nothing significant that you might find in the pump that would make you not buy it. The low cost and high performance offered by the pump is a cherry on top, too. The pump also comes with numerous power-packed features that make it a great buy and an excellent choice.
Easy deployment and its reliability often compensate for the few small failures that aren’t as significant. So, all in all, the Hayward Power – Flo LX is a perfect option if you’re looking to create a new swimming pool or want to replace your swimming pool’s old pump.