Summer is knocking at the door and you are going to focus on your above ground swimming pool or inground swimming pool. A pump is really an integral part of this time because water should be refreshed by moving and circulating. A highly efficient pump is required to complete this important work indeed. There are different types of pool pumps in the market but it is important to make sure you can choose the best pool pump for your pool.
Choosing the exact type of pool pump is worth saving money. It is really important to know some key issues on the pool pump such as pump performance, motor power, the flow of water in a gallon, filter, consumption of energy, maintenance and so on. So, we are going to discuss 5 best pool pumps to make sure you can get your best deal. In addition to this, you can get some information on how to choose the best pool pump for your pool. You read this article to know every detail about the pool pump.
5 Best Pool Pumps to Choose for Your Pool
Even if there are a lot of pool pumps in the market but we have selected these 5 best pool pumps after much study and research so that you can get the best pool pump. More importantly, we have focused on different variations of a pool pump that you may know from these 5 pool pumps.
1. Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pool
- FILTER PUMP: The Intex Krystal Clear filter pump with Hydro Aeration Technology improves circulation and filtration, improves water clarity, and increased negative ions in the water. The pump runs on 110-120V and weighs 24.2 pounds.
- COMPATIBLE: The Intex pump is compatible with pools up to 15,200 gallons with 1.25-inch diameter hose fittings. The easy-to-clean and replaceable 29000E Type B filter is included.
- FEATURES: Pump is double insulated and has a sediment flush and air release valves. With a built-in ground fault circuit, interpreter and strainer basket included on pump prolongs the life of the pump and is easy to clean; Features an automatic timer with preset 2 to 12-hour cycles
- FLOW RATE: Features a pump capacity of 2,500 GPH and system flow rate of 1,900 GPH, ideal for above ground pools and the heavy-duty tank is made of durable plastic.
- PRODUCT INFO: The set includes 2 1.25-inch hoses, 1 29005E type B filter cartridge, 1 inlet strainer, and 1 output strainer. Pump meets UL/CSA standards.
Intex 28633EG Krystal clear cartridge filter pump is one of the popular pumps which can be used for the above ground pool. You set up this pump to make sure smooth water circulation and movement. This pump comes with 1.5HP motor power that enables the smooth performance of the pump. This pump is also highly efficient that provides 2500 Gallon flow rate per hour.
When it comes to the durability and efficiency of the filter pump, you can make the best choice indeed. It is highly Durable and efficient which is made with a double insulated pump. There is an air release feature that indicates the pump as more durable and long-lasting.
This filter pump is highly effective for its filter and maintenance. It is easy to rinse the cartridge and swap to ensure this pump. This pump has a B type of filter cartridge which is easily changeable. More importantly, it has a replaceable filter cartridge that explains as highly efficient.
When you are going to buy a filter pump, it is the most important issue to consider energy consumption. Luckily this filter pump consumes less energy compared to any other filter pump.
This filter pump is featured with an auto timer-2 to 12-hour cycle which enables the easy function of the pump. Additionally, this filter pump is so simple to use as there is no complex process to install and operate it.
2. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above ground Pool
- 110-120V 3,000 GPH Sand Filter Pump
- System flow rate of 2,450 GPH
- 6 function control - enables pool owner to filter, backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain & close system
- 24 hour automatic timer
- GFCI safety shutoff
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump is a well-rated filter pump that can be used for above ground pools. This filter pump comes with 0.95 HP as motor power which is good enough for 5500 to 19600 gallons of water capacity in the pool. The power of this filter pump comes with 3000 gallons per hour and a system flow rate of 2450. The pump also comes with 6 sets of functions and a heavy-duty tank that explains the good performance of the pump.
It is important to note that pump technology is worth adding satisfaction because it has hydro aeration technology for good circulation and filtration and improved water clarity. It is also important to note that this pump has increased ions at the water surface.
This filter pump is one of the most durable and efficient. As there is no need to change the filter and this can last for 5 years which is a good deal to go with this pump.
This pump is Energy efficient which explains cost-effective as it can work 110-120 Volt AC power. Additionally, there is 25 feet power cord with built-in GFCI for safety which can add up the easy operation of this pump.
This pump has an auto timer of 24 hours and it is 1 to 12-hour cycle time to make sure you can run this pump without being worried. It is also important to note that this pump comes simply to use a feature where there is no hassle to set up and operate.
3. Pentair 340039 Superflo High-performance Single Speed Pool Pump
- The Pentair SuperFlo single-speed, 1-1/2-horsepower pump moves more water more efficiently for lower operating cost
- Quiet operation due to superior internal flow design that reduces hydraulic noise.If pump strainer gasket is clogged then Clean pump strainer pot.
- Features thick walled body parts, a heavy-duty 56 square flange motor, and highly engineered hydraulics
- Oversized strainer basket extends time between cleanings; see-through lid makes inspection fast and easy
- This pump has self-priming for quick, easy start-up; 1-year warranty
Pentair 340039 superflo high-performance pool pump is one of the popular pumps to use for your inground pool. The pump comes with 1.½ HP motor power that is really awesome to go. This can be used for inground pools with thick-walled body parts. In addition to this, this pump comes with a heavy-duty 56 square flange motor that ensures no hydraulic noise. But this pump has a feature of a single speed.
It is important to note that this filter pump is Durable and efficient that has a superior internal design.
There is a maintenance of the filter pump and you can go for easy maintenance. There is a basket that can be cleaned from leaves and debris and you can keep the pump from any damage.
Every pump consumes energy and you have to make sure Energy Consumption for this pump. The pump luckily consumes 115V/230V and 50/60Hz high performance which is known as energy savings pump.
It is important to note that this pump has a Warranty of 60 days if it is installed by any non-professional but a 1-year warranty is sure when you install this pump by any professional technician.
4. Pentair 342001 Variable Speed Pool Pump
- Your purchase includes One Pentair SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump
- See exact dimensions in product pictures. Ideal for standard pools requiring up to 1.5 HP pump
- Variable speed pump with 115-230V and 50/60 Hz single phase capability
- For most installations, it is recommended installing a valve on both the pump suction and return lines so that the pump can be isolated during routine maintenance
- Variable speed technology costs significantly less to operate. Savings based on variable speed pump compared to a single-speed pump running 12 hours per day at an average of $0.16 per kWh in a 20, 000 gallon
Pentair 342001 variable speed pool pump is a highly efficient pump because it has 1.5 hp motor power that works smoothly. It is a standard rated good pump for standard water pool and can match with pool with this horsepower.
The Energy Consumption ranges from 110-230 V and 50-60 Hz capability which is best known as energy saving. Surely you invest a lower amount but this can work with 80% saving of energy.
The pump comes with higher Technology named we variable speed technology. It is also easy to customize the operation of this pump. This pump is made with a TEFC motor ultra-quiet enclosed fan cooled that keeps the motor cool and lets the operation be highly efficient.
The pump also comes with affordable price and it means you need to invest a small amount but you get optimum results.
There is Warranty feature of this pump and warranty feature may vary according to different parts. So, you need to check out which part has a warranty.
In this pump, there is no complex operation process and you at your own self can easily operate this pump.
5. XtremepowerUS 1.5HP Inground Pool Pump 220V Dual Speed
- High-performance motor with airflow ventilation for quieter noise and smoother run time
- Self-priming pump discharges air from water intake to prevent motor from running dry
- 1.5" Fpt union connection connection for simple installation
- Transfer rate up to 4500 gallons of liquid per hour; max suction Height of 36 ft.
- Csa and UL certified to meet specific product standards of safety requirements
- The powerful above-ground pumps feature corrosion proof polymer construction that will deliver years of reliable service
- Voltage: 115V/60Hz
- Flow Max: 75 GPM/ 4,500 GPH
XtremepowerUS 1.5HP Inground Pool Pump is highly another deal to go because its performance comes from the 1.5 HP motor power. You can easily use this pump for the inground pool which is also good enough for home swimming. It is important to note that this pool pump is a single speed pump that feeds the need for inground and above ground pool pump. There is airflow ventilation that keeps the pump quieter and cooler operation with no overheating.
The Technology of this pump is worth adding value because it is featured with self-priming technology that keeps the motor good and efficient.
This pump is also Durable because there is Durable construction that perfectly works and fit for any condition of the weather.
Maintenance of this pool pump is so easy because it has an Extra-large basket with a larger strainer basket which can enable you to clean the pump so easily.
The pump is also designed with Easy compatibility where the installation process is much more similar to any type of pool pump.
The energy consumption of this pump is really awesome because it works with 220V dual speed and has maximum suction power with 66 inches.
- Best Pool Pumps est Variable Speed Pool Pump Reviews
- Review of Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pool Pump
- Hayward SP3400VSP Ecostar Variable Speed Pool Pump Review
- Hayward H150FDN Universal H-Series 150,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
How to Select the Best Pool Pump
A pool pump is really a machine or equipment and you need to be so tricky to choose the best pool pump. There are some issues that are most important to consider. So, you read to know some awesome information for your best deal.
Construction is an important issue because long-lasting feature depends on this durable construction. This construction mainly explains the outer covering of a pool pump that is the most important issue to consider. When you are going to buy this pool pump, there is a tagging information on the pump and technology used.
Variable or Single Speed
Most commonly there is variable and single-speed pump in the market. But you need to understand this difference. Most commonly single speed pump works single one speed but it consumes a little bit more energy. On the other hand, the variable pump works in line with the water level of the pool pump. This type of pump works relentlessly without any issue. For this variable speed, a pump is a little bit costly in the market.
Excess sound of the pool pump is really bothering to us. Even though it is a machine that will work with less sound. The pump with airflow ventilation is not causing harsh sound indeed. When you are going to buy this pool pump in the market, you need to make sure the pool pump has the feature of airflow ventilation technology.
A pool pump works with the help of energy or electricity. You don’t buy a pool pump that costs you much energy. It is really going to bad investment indeed. So you should check out what level of energy the pool pumps consume.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for the Best Pool Pumps
Choosing a pool pump is really daunting task because it is a machine and you need to choose the best one that can fit your swimming pool. So we are covering some answers to the most frequent questions.
What is the most energy efficient pool pump?
Though there are a lot of recommendations to buy a pool pump. But the most important issue to consider is that you should seek for a pump that consumes less energy. But Pentair 34009 has been considered as one of the energy efficient pool pump as it consumes less energy compared to any other pool pump.
When should I run the pump?
Day or night? It is a common question from the pool owner. When you have an above ground pool and need water circulation and movement, surely you need to run this pump day time. On the other hand, most people may think that night time can be the best time to save energy. But the common issue is that daytime costs more energy compared to night time.
How many years does a pool pump last?
There is a different pool pump in the market with the durability feature. But it totally depends on build-up quality. But most commonly a normal pump lasts for 5 years. On the other hand, there is some high-quality pump and these are best rated with premium quality. This type of pool pump may be expensive but it lasts for 8 to 10 years. In addition to this, the pump performance also depends on the use. In case you use this pool pump with care and protection from electricity, you can make the pump last for a longer time indeed.
How long Do I run my pool pump?
It is a very important question to know because most of us don’t understand the limitations of the time to run the pool pump. When you run the pump without any break, it may not be long-lasting and it can get damaged at any time. Surely there is a specific item limit to run the pool pump. For example, in the winter season, you may need a low demand for water and you can go for 5 hours.
On the other hand, in the hot summer, you surely need a high demand for water circulation and movement. So, you may go for 12 hours per day. In addition to this, there may be a requirement of filtering more to make sure it can remove excess debris that demands higher running. In this condition, you should run the pool pump for 1.5 hours.
Buying any product is not just about considering the outlook. It is important to know the ins and outs of the product. In the same way, a pool pump is also a product in which you need to spend a little bit of time to get the best pool pump. Surely, we have discussed some best-rated pool pump that can feed the needs in this coming summer.