Paying your internet provider hundreds of dollars or rent every year is very tiring. Nearly every internet provider charges $10-$15 per month to rent an all-in-one modem and router, which approximately costs up to $360 over two years. Assuming this considerable cost, it makes sense to rather buy your modem router combo instead of paying hectic charges. Because it will be more practical, as you won’t have to worry about additional costs charged by your internet service provider, plus, if you have a small room, your space will be saved.
But it’s even more tricky to choose the right Comcast compatible modem, which will help you improve download speeds so that you can stream and view in HD. Also, you can connect multiple devices throughout your home at once. So, to help you make the right and educated purchase decision, Below we have compiled a list of the best Comcast compatible modem you should check out along with some FAQs:
Best Comcast Compatible Modem in 2021:
If you have finally decided not to pay any rental charges for the modem, then there are lots of devices that are compatible with Xfinity. But if you’re looking for the best modems, we have given a list of top 9 compatible modems.
We have tested these modems across various cities in the US, along with different speed plans by Comcast Xfinity.
1. NETGEAR CM500 Cable Modem Compatible With Xfinity by Comcast
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- Works with any wifi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- Ultra speed cable internet, up to 680 Mbps
- Four upstream channels and 16 downstream channels
- Auto-sensing technology along with one gigabyte Ethernet port
- Work smoothly with any Wifi router
- Supports all major cable providers like Spectrum, Cox, and Comcast.
NETGEAR CM500 can be considered as one of the best cable modems under the budget, and it is available across various stores. This modem has a sleek design, yet it’s a powerful device.
When connected to multiple devices, the speed through the modem was equally distributed, and every device worked perfectly great.
There are in total 16 downstream and four upstream channels bandwidth, and the maximum speed of the modem is up to 680Mbps. One can effortlessly download multiple HD videos and games, and binge-watch movies on PC’s XBOX, etc. without any interruption from the network. There is also one ethernet cable provided with a modem, just like any other modem.
Setting up this modem is very easy and can be done within 5 minutes. Moreover, this modem has no built-in wireless or wired router. Additionally, a fantastic thing about this is, it can convert all the weak signals to high speed. Even though most of the modems aren’t even able to catch these signals.
There’s a small issue noted with this modem, that is, if one wishes to upgrade its firmware, it can only be done by the help of your service providers (mostly in the case of Spectrum).
Also, most of the users have encountered heating issues. But to be on a safer side, the modem should be placed in a cold environment. It is even recommended to keep the modem away from devices that heat up constantly.
Even though there are some issues, this modem is a perfect fit if you’re looking for a budget-friendly modem with excellent features.
2. MOTOROLA MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Comcast Compatible Modem
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Flexible Compatibility - Pair with any Wi-Fi router you’d like, including Whole Home Wi-Fi or Mesh routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi. A 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port allows connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station. This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Proactive Network Security - A broadcom chipset provides advanced security from denial-of service attacks.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) - AQM significantly reduces Internet latency on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services, resulting in faster page loads for all Web traffic and enhanced interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. The MB8600 also includes a full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
- 1000+ Mbps, Maximum download internet speed
- Eight upstream along with 32 downstream channels
- One gigabyte ethernet port
- Can work with any router having an Ethernet WAN port
- Latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology
This modem by Motorola comes with a maximum speed of 1 Gbps. And this speed is on top of the charts, as because of this the performance gets much better. The upstream speed of Motorola MB8600 is 3.8 Gbps.
Not only this, but it also runs on DOCSIS 3.1, which is the latest version by Motorola and it is 46 times faster than 2.0.
But even this comes with some exceptions as not many modems have been upgraded to this and also the Internet service providers too. So before buying this modem, just check that if your area supports DOCSIS 3.0,
Although you can still buy, it might lose some speed. If your area supports DOCSIS 3.1 after a while, your speed will regain its momentum.
This modem also supports one open and three masked ethernet ports on the back panel. The ports can be connected to any of the devices, such as multiple PCs, systems, gaming consoles, etc.
Also, there’s no built-in router. Hence, one can use any router for this. If you binge-watch Netflix or you’re into gaming, then there is no interruption or compromise with HD-quality resolution. Setting up this modem is very easy, and it’s pretty handy too.
Through this modem, one can save around $120 per year on their rental fees or even more, depending on the cable service provider they choose. There’s a 2-year warranty along with excellent customer support.
Active Queue Management (AQM) feature in this modem simply reduces internet latency, through which one can load the page quickly despite web traffic. And it also dramatically enhances interactive applications like video conferencing and online gaming.
The hardware would get cheaper in future times, as there aren’t many ISP’s who have upgraded themselves with DOCSIS 3.1, and once they update it, this can be readily used by anyone.
3. NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 Comcast Compatible Modem
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps).
- Versatile connections: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1.
- Note: Refer to page 102 of user guide for troubleshooting steps
- Compatible with many internet service providers
- Best for cable internet speed up to 400 Mbps
- Four-gigabyte ethernet ports, two USB ports
- DOCSIS 3.0 technology
Netgear C7000 comes with a sleek and hard-edged design. It’s one of the most impressive and reliable modems by Netgear for some reason. The casing is made of durable black plastic, along with dotted LED lights to show the current performance of the units.
There are four gigabyte Ethernet ports and a USB 2.0 port, along with a coaxial cable port and power cable port. When this modem is partnered up with AC1900 wifi, one can experience 1.9Gbps. Inside the compact case, there’s a 1.6Ghz processor, through which handling gaming and video streaming become easier.
Also, there’s a 256 MB RAM along with 128 MB flash memory. As in most of the Netgear routers, there’s always a reliable security system, mostly in the form of WPA, WPA2, and PSK access.
This unit comes with double firewall protection, and DoS attack prevention program. And the most prominent part of this unit is, it’s just 1.6lbs.
The level of performance NETGEAR Nighthawk C7000 provides while doing any significant activity is outstanding. There’s also a companion app through which one can check-in and change specific parameters easily.
The design of the app is also quite neat; hence navigation becomes more comfortable. One can say a lot of monthly bills by the latest technology, DOCSIS 3.0.
Netgear C7000 comes with the Beamforming+, which will speed up the Wi-Fi’s range by a considerable margin. And through the help of Netgear’s ReadyShare program, one can create the backup of essential files easily.
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk Comcast Compatible Cable Modem
- COMPATIBLE WITH XFINITY INTERNET & VOICE SERVICE: Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and non-Xfinity voice services.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C7100V replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Compatible with Xfinity Cable & Voice Plans up to 800Mbps speed.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1800 sq ft wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- VOICE PHONE SUPPORT: For use with Xfinity Voice service and up to 2 telephone lines with enhanced call features including caller ID, 3-way conference calling, call forwarding and more.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 24x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- Gaming and Streaming: With the AC1900 Wi-Fi, powerful 1.6GHz combined processor, Beamforming+, and 24x8 channel bonding you'll enjoy more seamless gaming and streaming with reduced lag and buffering. When you want the best modem router to handle all your high-bandwidth Internet activities, Nighthawk has you covered.
- Ultra speed cable modem, supporting plans up to 400Mbps
- 1900Mbps wireless speed
- Two USB port and 4-gigabyte ethernet ports
- DOCSIS 3.0 technology
Netgear Nighthawk cable modem is a high-speed modem, which can support plans up to 400Mbps. Hence one can easily eliminate monthly rental fees by up to $168. It’s a three in one modem, wherein it supports AC1900 wifi router and even Xfinity voice.
It’s the best modem for gaming activities, as there’s no speed interruption. Also, work well with Microsoft windows seven and above versions, MAC OS, UNIX, or Linux.
It can cover all the devices in 1800 sqft, and at a single time, one can connect 30 devices with 1900 Mbps speed.
There are four-gigabyte ethernet ports and 2 USB ports, which give fast wired connections to any computer, game box, storage drive, and printer too. The best part about this router is the voice phone support. Two telephone lines can be connected, and also there are some more amazing features added to it like caller ID, call forwarding and 3-way conference calling.
Netgear Nighthawk comes with Linux operating system and DOCSIS 3.0 modem technology, with 24×8 channel bonding. Parental controls are also included in it, and it even supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
Get Also: NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router
5. Motorola MG7550 Comcast Compatible Cable Modem
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
- Ultra speed internet up to 686 Mbps
- Four upstream channels that speed up to 123 Mbps
- Sixteen downstream channels that speed up to 686 Mbps
- Four-gigabyte ethernet port along with AC1900 wifi
- Compatible with Xfinity Comcast, Cox, Charter Spectrum
Motorola MG7550 cable modem comes with 16 downstream and four upstream channels that speeds up to 686 Mbps, along with an AC1900 gigabit router, which can not only save money but also one will be free from buying an additional router. So it’s like a two in one modem. It even supports Internet service providers such as Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, and many more.
Moreover, if someone wants a speed limit of 250 Mbps or 300 Mbps, this modem will work like a beast.
As it runs on the upgraded DOCSIS 3.0 technology, which is almost 16 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0, this modem is compatible with DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 too.
Along with all of the above, this modem works on Wifi DFS frequencies, which makes it less vulnerable to interference with different networks nearby.
There are 7 LED lights on the front panel which displays the status of the connections. And just like other Motorola modems, even this modem comes with a 2-year warranty, and that’s a great addition to keep the users satisfied.
While on the back panel, there are four Ethernet ports, along with WLAN and WPS buttons, a reset pin option, and a coaxial cable connection, which helps to send data to the modem. There’s also a push-button to switch it on/off, and a power source cable input to give power supply to the device.
A great addition to this Motorola modem is Parental Control capabilities. Some of the users have reported issues with the device related to security, but it’s relatively safe, packed with bundles of features.
6. ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 Comcast Compatible Modem
- Approved on Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse Networks), Cox, Mediacom, Suddenlink and most other US Cable Internet Providers. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T or Centurylink. REQUIRES Internet Service
- Wired modem only. Does not include WiFi router or VOIP Telephone adapter. Gigabit Etherent port to connect to PC or Router. Supports IPv4 and IPv6. Operating System Compatibility-Linux,Mac,Unix,Windows
- 8 Download Channels and 4 Upload Channels capable of up to 343 Mbps download and 131 upload speeds. Recommended for Internet Plans up to 100 Mbps
- Brown Box Models Not Valid for this Item when Sold As New, should Report to Amazon Immediately and Return to Seller.8 download and 4 upload channels
- 2 year warranty with US based customer service. Refer to the Quick Start Guide and Installation video
- Eight downstream channels that speed up to 343 Mbps
- Four upstream channels that speed up to 131 Mbps
- 1 Gigabyte Ethernet port
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 too
- Compatible with Cableone, Xfinity Comcast and Cox
Arris SURFboard SB6141 is yet another modem that is quite budget-friendly.
The maximum downloading speed of this is only 343 Mbps, it is a significant number, no doubt, but when compared with all the other modems in this range, this number seems a bit less.
Moreover, there are just eight upstream channels. Hence, the traffic would be divided over eight channels, while as compared to other modems, they have 16 to 32 channels. And thus, the speed the user might receive will not be enough.
Although, this modem might work correctly for low bandwidth homes and a lesser number of users. It’s very easy to set up this modem and even easier to operate it.
On the back panel, there’s an Ethernet port and a coaxial cable connection that helps to send data to the modem. And on the bottom, there is the power supply port. The weight of the device is 1.05 pounds only.
One can save a decent amount of money through this purchase, as there would be no more renting for some years. There is also a 2-year warranty period, in which one can replace or repair their device. Admittedly, this can’t be one of those premium products but an average product to settle for, if you’re looking for a modem with low bandwidth.
There’s no rest option on the back panel of the modem; hence if there are any heating issues, you would have to unplug the device and reset it manually. Similarly, it takes about 35 secs to go from boot mode to browsing mode, which can be a bit troublesome at first. And It is a massive setback since most of the modems nowadays are all about speed.
7. ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 Comcast Compatible Modem
- Ultra speed internet up to 686 Mbps
- Four upstream and 16 downstream channels
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
- 1 Gigabyte Ethernet port
- Compatible with Time Warner, Xfinity Comcast, Spectrum and many more
ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 modem appears to be one of the winning modems if looked through the aspect of speed as well as performance. This DOCSIS 3.0 technology-based device provides maximum speed up to 686 Mbps, even after connecting with multiple devices. One can effortlessly watch HD videos and speed up their gaming experience through this.
In most of the cases, modems that are compatible with Comcast run on either 8 or 4 downstream channels while some support 16 downstream pathways.
In this case, the modem itself supports 16 downstream channels, which means that the cable providers will be able to distribute traffic on other channels. And it would result in a stable high-speed internet connection.
Also, one can easily set up the device. And as far as the performance is considered, the modem has been remarkable overall, along with its speed. Even after someone has bought a 100Mbps internet plan, this device will provide 10-20% faster downstream as compared to what you have paid for. Hence, the effectiveness is visibly seen.
And apart from all other features, the most remarkable part of this device is its price range. By giving such a small amount, a person would be getting tons of features that are usually very costlier in the modem market.
The overall performance is outstanding, and the speed is way more incredible. Along with a 2-year warranty, one can easily replace or repair the modem if anything goes wrong. Previously, to rent this modem, most of the users were bound to pay a hefty sum of money to rent these, and now because of the incredible innovation, it’s available for half the price.
Yet there are some seen when it comes to LED lights; these lights are way too bright to be looked at. And sometimes it becomes quite severe also and even hurts the eye.
Not just this, there were also some grievances regarding the device getting heated up. And the most unfortunate thing, in this case, is the device doesn’t have any power button to switch it off. The last option is to unplug the modem.
8. NETGEAR CM600 Comcast Compatible Cable Modem
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model CM600 replaces your cable modem saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- BUILT FOR FAST SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 960 Mbps speed.
- WORKS WITH ANY WiFi ROUTER: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- ETHERNET CONNECTIONS: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- MODEMHNOLOGY: Engineered with 24x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- Ultra speed internet up to 960 Mbps
- Eight upstream and 24 downstream channels
- 12 MB RAM along with 8 MB NOR Flash
- 1-gigabyte ethernet port
- Compatible with the spectrum, Xfinity, Comcast and Cox
Netgear CM600 can be said as one of the best Xfinity compatible modems under budget available across various platforms and stores. This is the best buy if you are looking for a low price range modem.
The best part about this device is its compatibility, as one can use it with some of the major internet providers such as Comcast, Cox Spectrum, etc. Also, it will save a lot of money, because a person usually pays up to $150/yr on rental fees and other equipment. If you bought a 100-300Mbps internet plan for home, this could be the best option as it provides plans up to 400Mbps speed.
The modem is designed to meet the DOCSIS 3.0 specification, which is almost eight times faster than 2.0. In the back panel, there is a 1-Gigabit Ethernet port for PCs or gaming consoles.
But there aren’t multiple ports, which can result in a significant drawback as one would love to have their gaming console as well as PC’s connected to the wired connection for higher speed.
In the bottom, there is a reset pin option to reset the entire router whenever needed. And at the very next, there is the Coaxial cable connection that sends data to the modem. With an easy installation process and much easier setup, one can start using the internet very quickly. There is a year warranty given.
The modem is a little bit tall and bulky looking, which is quite a setback. It’s the best buy as this device has got excellent responses from the users, and even it works for the long term when compared with other modems.
9. NETGEAR N600 (C3700) Comcast Compatible Modem
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding, Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers.Use with an N300 adapter like NETGEAR WNA3100 for maximum performance
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services..Wifi technology:802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
- 2-gigabyte ethernet port
- High-speed Internet up to 340 Mbps
- DoS attack prevention
- Compatible with Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox
The design of Netgear N600 is small. Hence it’s the right choice for a small home. Although it’s small, it comes with a 2-gigabyte ethernet port along with dual antennas. It can’t be claimed as the fastest wireless connection, but it works well when wired.
As in the case of wireless usage, the modem just speeds up to 130 Mbps, which is quite a dissatisfaction. And also, it doesn’t last with multiple devices. But as far as the wired connection is concerned, even after using various devices, the speed is up to 240 Mbps.
One can even download HD videos and can play online games without lag. The modem comes with DOCSIS 3.0 technology, which is eight times faster than DOCSIS 2.0.
Conclusively it’s an excellent choice if you’re looking out for a modem for a small room, and also if the connections are less.
- Comcast Deals for Existing Customers
- How to Get Comcast Internet Deals $19.99 for 6 Months
- How to Get Unlimited Talk and Text for $10 a Month
- How to Get Free Cable TV from Comcast
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q. How do I know if my modem is compatible with Comcast?
Above given all the modems are compatible with Comcast, although if you want to find it on your own, there are some simple steps that you can follow.
Before buying any modem, just go to the ‘My Device Info.’ website and check whether your device is approved for Xfinity Comcast services. This website will display all the approved cable modems, and you can also check whether the modem or router which you have selected supports the selected internet tier.
Q. What is the best modem router for Comcast?
Motorola MG7550 comes with an AC1900 gigabit router, and it comes with unique features. The quality of the router and the signal is impeccable. The wifi range is also good, through which one can enjoy fast and wireless stable connectivity.
Q. Should I rent a Comcast modem or buy?
Although Comcast would ask you to rent a modem, buying can be a better option. And there are several reasons behind it. One of the primary reasons is owning a modem can outweigh the charges of renting.
As the rental fees will be increasing every year, when you rent a modem, the modem will be used as a wifi hotspot by Comcast, and it may fluctuate your speed.
All the benefits Comcast displays for renting like support, speed, and coverage area can even be gained by buying a modem.
Q. Is it better to have a modem and router separate?
A separate modem and router will surely give lots of benefits, as one can choose the router of their own choice. But in the case of two in one modem, there are fewer wires, a single box, and just a power outlet.
While in terms of flexibility, a standalone modem and a separate router would be a better choice, because if you want to faster your speed or features, then you can either replace the modem or router.
No doubt that there are plenty of modems available that are compatible with Comcast, but the above given nine modems will not only help you to fasten your speed but also their additional features will provide you with a better experience. Most of the modems above are affordable, hence buying a modem would be more profitable!