Internet connectivity is essential in most offices and homes today, including appliances that depend on wireless connections. Smart TVs, iPads, and smartphones are some of the devices we use for streaming movies and gaming online. Getting the best wireless router can help keep up with the growing need for wireless connectivity. Although there’s a brimming selection of units in the market, the NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem is one of the most popular wireless routers right now. The X4S by Netgear Nighthawk is an AC3200 cable modem Wi-Fi router combo. It combines both a Wi-Fi router and a modem, seemingly attracting every buyer.
The C7800 is quoted as the pioneer combo unit to offer DOCSIS 3.1, allowing you up to one thousand Mbps data downloads with a cable internet plan. Let’s see if this device is worth the money through this NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem review.
NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 2Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
- 2 Gbps max speed
- Four effective antennas
- Netgear Genie
- Four LAN Ethernet ports
- Provides a ReadyShare vault software
- A 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Two-in-one functionality
The Netgear X4S C7800 series comes with the newest tech for the fastest cable speeds, guaranteeing superior performance. Save on space with the Nighthawk’s two in one design that combines both the modem’s and router’s functions in a single, convenient device. It also has an active antennae technology that improves the network range across the home, enhancing it for mobile devices.
Here are more insights to help you understand this modem’s performance ratings:
- Connection Speeds: It delivers up to 3.2 Gbps download speed for devices connecting wirelessly. It is the first modem Wi-Fi router combo to use cable TV connections for data transfer with DOCSIS 3.1 systems. The technology makes a cable modem compatible with a cable TV system, allowing blazing downstream and upstream speeds of up to 10 Gbps and 1 Gbps, respectively, over a fiber optic connecting. Besides, this DOCSIS 3.1 standard can let you hit the 1,000 Mbps mark in download speeds for cable internet service.
- Extra Speed Boost: The cable modem offers four integral cable labs at the back to deliver enhanced speeds of up to 1 Gbps, traditionally only available on fiber-optic lines. With such connectivity rates, you can host video conferences or enjoy marathon gaming sessions.
- Enhanced Signal: The four powerful antennas ensure a robust Wi-Fi system by improving both the network range and signal quality. Moreover, the four aerial-like transmitters have a combined preventive effect from external interferences to the internet connection.
- High-Speed Data Transfer: Connect storage devices to the two USB 3.0 ports and transfer content at super speeds. Furthermore, you can share files and media with your printer and USB hard-drives thanks to an integrated readySHARE USB software.
- Convenient Network Management: With the integrated Netgear genie platform, this NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem lets you monitor and control network usage. You can also repair the internet connection experience from this genie.
- Security: Choose between WPA and WPA2 to secure your Netgear Nighthawk’s X4S C7800 Wi-Fi connection. It helps prevent unauthorized access, ensuring all your data is safe on the network. You can also elect to enable a separate, secure network for guest access.
- Multitasking: The 802.11ac wireless standard has four spatial streams or quad-stream Wi-Fi, providing four times faster connections than the 802.11n system. It will allow stable online streaming while downloading multiple files at once.
- Parental Control: Every parent wants control over content that kids access online. This gadget provides parental control settings, giving you the power to choose what users can access the network and what they can’t access.
- Supported Connections: The X4S C7800 modem series maintains its superior performance even with maximum device connections at full data usage. It packs a potent 1.5 GHz dual-core processor that sustains the internet speeds and strength.
- Company Support: NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem comes with a one-year limited warranty for the hardware and a 24/7 ninety-day essential technical support. Unravel your equipment fully and get to repair faulty parts or replace it altogether.
Netgear’s C7800 series outstanding performance ratings are the tip of the icing. Once you purchase this cable modem Wi-Fi router combo, you retain full ownership of the cable equipment. Unlike an ISP-provided device that requires a monthly fee, this modem is great for savings down the line.
Read Also: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem Router Review
What is Good and Bad About NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem?
Let us start by talking about the good things in this NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem review. The X4S C7800 series offers a lot of positive effects for every consumer that buys it. Some of the perks that come with this remarkable combo machine include:
- It is simple to set up.
- The device is fast and stable.
- It is available in a convenient cable-modem cum router design
- It is user-friendly for non-tech-savvy customers.
- Convenient easy-push buttons for Wi-Fi connectivity
- Gives full network control
- It is compatible with major cable providers.
- It has useful On/Off power settings.
- It doesn’t have monthly payments.
The Netgear C7800 cable modem Wi-Fi router combo isn’t for everyone. And as much as it is a piece of incredible equipment to own, it isn’t without a few undesirable features that may be a deal-breaker to some of you.
- It is more expensive than other cable-modem-router combos in its class
- It is on the bulky side
- You must repair or replace the whole gadget if either the router or modem functions fail
- The installation and connection process can sometimes take too long
- Top 9 Best Comcast Compatible Modems
- Best DSL Modem for Centurylink
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFI USB Adapter Review
The Bottom Line
The Netgear C78000 cable modem Wi-Fi router combo is a high-performance, reliable internet equipment. It is interoperable with the top cable internet companies, such as Xfinity by Cox, Spectrum, and Comcast. Heavy-internet users that access up to 400 Mbps of cable internet will particularly love this combo machine. It lets you watch and play resource-hungry videos and games, respectively. However, it is incompatible with AT&T, DirectTV, DSL, Century Link, Verizon, and Dish cable TV’s internet systems.
Nighthawk’s C7800 robust and stable Wi-Fi can span 1800 square feet. Its amplified antennas allow up to thirty devices to connect to your network without downtimes. These antennas can also pick out dual bands and minimize interference, ensuring uninterrupted, reliable speeds for all the smart wireless gadgets sharing that connection. You will find it convenient for downloading and streaming things online.
It also comes with the latest DOCSIS 3.1 platform, supporting up to 8 upstream and 32 downstream channels. It means no speed loss at peak hours because of an integrated channel bonding technology. Anyone with the budget can get this modem since it is easy to fix and user-friendly. Most people claim it takes less than ten minutes to install the device. Use your free ninety-day, round-the-clock, basic technical support offer to seek professional help if you have issues setting up the modem router combo.