Are you confused over which router is going to work with Spectrum Internet? Choosing a perfect router can be overwhelming. The confusion gets worse if you are trying to pick up a router for Spectrum, one of the biggest internet providers in the US. The best Spectrum compatible routers should get you maximum speeds for the cable internet plans of your choice without paying extra for internet speeds you cannot reach.
Before you start seeking a great router to use with Spectrum, you will want to understand what a router is. The device comprises three main components, including a switch, a router, and the Wi-Fi access point. The router inside your router assigns IP addresses to devices that connect to your network. Additionally, it routes traffic between devices within and outside your system. Routers often have one to four ports for the purpose. The Wi-Fi access point lets wireless supported to connect to your network.
To know what routers are compatible with Spectrum Internet, you’ll want to decide on a few elements of the routing component. First off, determine the number of clients you intend to connect to the router. Then you must determine your area of coverage along with the type of devices connecting to your router. Your usage will finally help classify the best router for you. Since Spectrum internet isn’t compatible with all routers, we’ve made it easy for you by providing a list of specific routers that Spectrum supports.
Top 10 Best Spectrum Compatible Routers
Picking up the best router for spectrum internet on your own can be an overwhelming task to accomplish. To make it simpler for you, here are our top ten compilations of best routers for spectrum internet.
1. NETGEAR AC1000 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router
NetGear AC1000 is among the most excellent dual-band smart Wi-Fi routers you can use with spectrum internet.
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1000 sq ft wireless coverage with AC1000 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 700 Mbps)
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 15 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Covers up to 1000 square feet
- Dual-band with AC 1000 speed
- Connects up to 15 devices
- Allows Ethernet connections
- Uses WPA2 wireless security
Features of the NETGEAR AC1000 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Wide Coverage
The Nighthawk R6080 will enable you to quickly enhance your Wi-Fi experience with broader coverage of up to 1000 square feet while maintaining reliable and fast connectivity courtesy of the high-powered antennas. The seamless wireless connection can allow as much as 15 devices.
- Super-Fast Streaming
The dual-band technology lends fast speeds of up to 1000Mbps that are ideal for gaming or HD streaming.
- Secure Wireless Connectivity
The router supports high-level WPA and WPA2 wireless security, which comes with firewall protection. You can also create a separate network for guests without compromising private information on the home network.
- Wired Connectivity
The NETGEAR AC1000 router carries four Ethernet ports to connect game console and computers with fast internet speeds. And if you choose the best internet for gaming then it will fit well.
2. Synology Mesh Router MR2200ac
The Mesh Router MR2200ac by Synology is packed with some of the most advanced features for superior internet connectivity.
- Dedicated Tri-band 2.13 Gbps (400+867+867 Mbps) bandwidth optimized for performance and reliability
- Easy setup and remote management from web client or mobile app
- Comprehensive parental management and easy-to-use inter face with Safe Access
- Single Wi-Fi name and seamless roaming with 802.11 k/v/r support
- Create advanced VPNs with WebVPN, Synology SSL VPN, and SSTP VPN capability
- US version
- Connectivity technology: rj45
- Dedicated three-band model
- Supports remote management
- Provides parental controls
- Remote access with an app
- Advanced VPN support
- Cloud server and file-sharing support
Features of the Synology Mesh Router MR2200ac
- Excellent Wireless Technology
With a dedicated tri-band bandwidth including 400+867+867 Mbps, Synology’s router supports up to 2.13 Gbps speeds for stable performance and unmatched reliability.
- Interactive Setup, Control, and Connectivity
The Mesh Router MR2200ac offers a simple setup with remote management using a mobile app or web client.
- Comprehensive Management
The router offers professional-level control for parental management, along with an easy to use interface that features safe access.
- File Sharing and Backup
You can easily create a personal cloud storage courtesy of the comprehensive file-sharing system that combines a cloud storage server.
- The Cheapest Unlimited WiFi Hotspot Plans
- How to Get WiFi at Home for Free
- How to Get WiFi without Internet Provider?
- The Best MetroPCS WiFi Hotspot Plans
3. Tenda AC15 AC1900 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Smart Router
The Spectrum compatible router comes with plenty of enhanced features.
- Ultimate 11ac speed of up to 1900Mbps, delivering both 1300Mbps 802.11ac at 5GHz and 600Mbps 802.11n at 2.4 GHz concurrently.
- Broadcom dual-core processor with DDR3 memory for multi-client with responsive performance and fast speed.
- High powered amplifiers and three external antennas for whole-home coverage.
- USB3.0 for personal secure cloud and printer sharing.
- Smart managements of WiFi schedule, LED indicator and power saving all are for your healthy E-life.
- Up to 1900 Mbps speeds
- Comes with a dual-core processor
- Lag-free bandwidth speeds
- Supports UHD video streaming
- USB 3.0 port
Features of the Tenda AC15 AC1900 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Smart Router
- Excellent Streaming Connectivity
The AC15 integrates dual-band connectivity, including the 1300Mbps 802.11ac at 5Giga Hz on one side and the 600Mbps 802.11n at 2.4 Giga Hz on the other side. With both bands running concurrently, the router delivers up to 1900 Mbps, which is ideal for Ultra High Definition streaming and gaming.
- Lag-Free Bandwidth
The router integrates a powerful dual-core processor by Broadcom allowing for high-speed, latency-free connectivity.
- Enhanced Wi-Fi Range
The AC15 offers the Beamforming+ technology that locks the devices connecting to your Wi-Fi for a stable internet experience. The technology helps to reduce external device interferences to keep a consistent connection.
4. ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 4-port Gigabit Router
The ASUS RT-ACRH13 router gives an excellent spectrum internet connection along with four amplified antennas for enhanced wireless coverage.
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices must be 802.11ac compatible for best results
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface, Super Fast Wi Fi: Dual band 802.11ac Wi Fi with concurrent speeds up to 867Mbps (5GHz) and 400Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Integrated USB 3.0 port allows you to share external drives/flash drives with your network; OS Support Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Mac OS X 10.1, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8; Operation mode Wireless router mode, Access point mode
- Encryption: 64 bit WEP, 128 bit WEP, WPA2 PSK, WPA PSK, WPA Enterprise , WPS support
- New 2×2 MU MIMO technology
- Maximum 1,267 Mbps connection speeds
- 4 amplified 5dBi antennas
- Remote internet management application
- Built-in USB 3.0 port
Features of the ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 4-port Gigabit Router
- Easy Setup and Management
The ASUS RT-ACRH13 comes with the ASUS and ASUSWRT router app for intuitive setup and easy network management from the palm of your hands.
- Seamless Connectivity
With the ability to automatically switch devices between 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, the ASUS RT-ACRH13 router provides a seamless connection for your devices.
- Steady Wireless Coverage
The RT-ACRH13 integrates four antennas that guarantee a reliable Wi-Fi connection throughout the home.
- High-Speed Connectivity
The ASUS RT-ACRH13 router is a two-band 1300 device integrating the newest 2×2 MU MIMO equipment that gives maximum 1267 Mbps speeds.
Read Also: How to Cancel Spectrum Internet
5. Netgear Nighthawk R6700 AC1750
The NetGear Nighthawk R6700 AC1750 offers groundbreaking performance for spectrum internet connections.
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 1750 Mbps speeds
- Maximum 1500 square feet Wi-Fi coverage
- USB 3.0 port
- Supports Alexa add voice devices
- Four Ethernet slots
- Connects a maximum of 25 devices
Features of the NetGear Nighthawk R6700 AC1750
- Fast Wi-Fi Speeds
Get an extensive wireless 1500 square feet coverage on the dual-band 1750 Mbps speed in 1300 Mbps + 400 Mbps.
- Connect Multiple Devices
The NetGear Nighthawk R6700 AC1750 can up to 25 devices and offer superior online gaming, video streaming, and internet surfing.
- Plug-In Wired Devices
With 4 Ethernet ports, you get to plug in your game consoles, computers, and streaming players among other wired devices.
- Enhanced Technology
The NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router R6700 packs plenty of advanced techs. Among the features are the one Giga Hz dual-core processor, Smart Connect, three amplified antennas, dynamic QoS, as well as Beamforming+ to give you the best user experience.
Read Also: How to Get Spectrum TV on Firestick
6. NetGear R6230 AC1200
Get up to 1200 Mbps speeds on the latest Wi-Fi technology from the NetGear R6230 AC1200 router.
- Fast WI-FI Performance: Get up to 1200 square feet wireless coverage with AC1200 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 900 Mbps)
- Recommended for Up to 20 Devices; Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with an 880MHz processor, 2 amplified antennas, and advanced QoS.
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive or printer with any network connected device using the 1 x 2.0 USB port
- DDR3 RAM
- Maximum 1200 square feet wireless coverage
- Multiple High-Definition streaming
- Connects 20 devices max
- Supports IPV6 protocol
- USB 2.0 port
- ReadyShare Vault for easy software backup
- 4 Ethernet ports
- NetGear Nighthawk app for remote access
Features of the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Router R6230 AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Router
- Excellent Wi-Fi Performance
Secure 1200 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage with AC 1200 dual-band speed in 900 Mbps and 300 Mbps.
- Reliable Multi-Device Connection
Connect a maximum of 20 devices with stable internet surfing, online gaming, and video streaming, with an option for smart home device linking.
- Wired Connections
The four Ethernet ports allow you to attach streaming players, computers, plus game consoles.
- Advanced Technology
The NetGear R6230 AC1200 packs some advanced technology features comprising two amplified antennas, enhanced QoS, and an 880Mega Hz processor for stable user experience.
- Secured Connection
With the WPA2 wireless security, you will get Firewall protection, guest Wi-Fi control, VPN, and DoS, among others.
7. NetGear C7000 AC1900
Boost your wireless connectivity with the Spectrum compatible NetGear Nighthawk cable modem router.
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels. Best for cable internet service plans up to 400 Mbps.
- 1 GHz processor
- 128 MB storage capacity
- 256 MB DDR Random Access Memory
- Four Ethernet ports
- Integrates Beamforming technology
- Maximum 1800 square feet Wi-Fi coverage
- Connects up to 30 devices
- Two USB ports
Features of the NetGear C7000 Nighthawk Cable Modem Router
- Wide Compatibility
The NetGear C7000 AC1900 router, along with spectrum internet compatibility, supports all major cable service providers, including COX and Xfinity.
- High-Speed Internet Connectivity
The NetGear Nighthawk cable modem router supports cable internet providers with 400 Mbps maximum download speeds, for a fast, seamless connection. The rate can support High Definition streaming, among other uses.
- Wider Wireless Coverage
Get robust and reliable wireless coverage of up to 1800 square feet in the home courtesy of the amplified antennas, along with Beamforming+ technology for range boosting.
- Enjoy HD Streaming
The Wi-Fi router combo modem is built for high-speed HD streaming and online gaming with a maximum 1900 Mbps wireless speeds.
8. Arris Surfboard AC1600 SBG10 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
The Arris modem router combo is one of the Spectrum internet compatible devices, which uses a high-speed broadband connection.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps).
- Versatile connections: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1.
- Note: Refer to page 102 of user guide for troubleshooting steps
- Dual 2.4 and 5 GHz bandwidths
- 16 X 4 download and upload channels
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 internet standards
- Beamforming+ technology
Features of the Arris Surfboard AC1600 SBG10 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
- Two in One Modem Router
The Arris SBG10 is a space-saving option that integrates a cable modem with a built-in Wi-Fi transmitter carrying two Ethernet ports.
- Wired Connection
Connect up to two Ethernet-enabled devices on the two ports, with each having 131 Mbps upstream speed and 343 Mbps download speed.
- Seamless Wireless Connectivity
Enjoy Wi-Fi on the dual bandwidth frequencies of 2.4, and 5 Giga Hz with maximum 686 Mbps download rates.
9. TP-Link Archer 7 Smart Wi-Fi Router – Dual Band
Leverage the three amplified antennas to deliver outstanding Wi-Fi coverage with the Spectrum compatible TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi router.
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Industry leading 2 year
- Compatible with Alexa and other wireless devices
- Dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies
- Three external antennas
- Four LAN ports
- Remote access with TP-Link app
- Maximum 2,500 square feet wireless coverage
- Connects up to 50 devices
Features of the TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Outstanding Wi-Fi Coverage
Enjoy exceptional 2,500 square feet of wireless coverage in the home with the three external antennas on the Archer 7 router.
- Steady Wi-Fi Performance
TP-Link’s Archer 7 has a powerful CPU with QoS bandwidth prioritization for high-speed processing that allows up to 50 devices on the network.
- High-Speed Wireless Connection
The AC1750 Wi-Fi offers three times the speeds for seamless gaming as well as 4K video streaming experience. The dual-band connection gives support to more devices with fewer latency.
- Secure Home Wi-Fi
With both WPA and WPA2 wireless encryption, you can secure the devices at home with guest access and parental controls.
10. NETGEAR R7800 Nighthawk X4S Smart Wi-Fi Router
Secure the whole home with one of the best routers compatible with spectrum internet, the NetGear R7800 Nighthawk X4S.
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps). WiFi Band-Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi - Tx/Rx 4x4 (2.4GHz)+ 4x4 (5GHz)
- Recommended for up to 45 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB and 1 x eSATA ports.
- Smart parental controls: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Maximum 2,500 square feet wireless coverage
- One eSata port
- Two 3.0 USB ports
- Four one Gig Ethernet ports
- Supports up to 45 devices
- Works with Alexa voice control
Features of the NETGEAR R7800 Nighthawk X4S Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Super-Fast Wireless Performance
The spectrum internet compatible router gives a wide 2,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage, with up to 2,600 Mbps speeds. The steady wireless connection can support a maximum of 45 devices without issues.
- Wired Connections
Use the four-1Gig Ethernet ports to connect game consoles, computers, and streaming players on the spectrum internet.
- Advanced Technology
The NETGEAR R7800 Nighthawk X4S Smart Wi-Fi Router integrates 1.7 Giga Hz dual-core processing power for supreme performance, along with four amplified antennas for seamless wireless coverage. The Beamforming+ technology ensures constant Wi-Fi connectivity on multiple devices. Additionally, the router carries dynamic QoS, MU-MIMO, and Alexa voice control features for enhanced user experience.
- Shared Connections
With the eSATA port, you can create cloud storage for remote access. The two USB 3.0 ports allow you to share a printer and storage drive with any device connecting to the network.
- Parental Control
Leverage the Nighthawk app to filter websites and control devices accessing the spectrum internet.
- Cox High Speed Internet Plans & Packages
- AT&T Business Internet Review: Plans and Pricing
- Best Fiber Optic Internet Providers List
- 15 Best Alternatives to Cable TV
FAQs for Spectrum Compatible Routers
Q. What routers will work with Spectrum?
Ans: Some of the equipment in the market will not work with Spectrum internet. The best router for Spectrum is often the 802.11ac. However, we recommend that customers check with this list spectrum compliant routers before deciding what to buy.
Q. Is the spectrum router good?
Ans: Even though Spectrum offered routers are not the worst in the market, they might still not be the best router for their network. A good rule of thumb is to decide on the speeds and other requirements for your internet connection. Doing so should help a good spectrum router.
Q. What is the best router to use with Spectrum Internet?
Ans: After the 2013 launch, the 802.11ac continues holding the crown for the fastest speeds among wireless routers, with at least three times the rate you will find in the conventional 802.11n. For that reason, we recommend the 802.11ac as the best router to use with Spectrum Internet.
Q. Does Spectrum use DHCP?
Ans: Yes. While Spectrum uses DHCP, customers are supposed to check their network settings to make sure that computer network settings have the right configuration. Configure each computer to access an IP address automatically over the DHCP protocol.
The Wrap Up
Taking time to find your own Spectrum compatible router will ensure you have a device that can accommodate the performance you need. While Spectrum Internet provides basic rental routers, they do not take into account individual network needs for performance. Purchasing your own spectrum compatible routers lets you find the best speeds stretching beyond one Gig, which enables you to do all you want online.