In this technologically advanced area, people really can’t think of an internet-less life. To facilitate them this ease of carrying internet wherever they travel, we can avail of a mobile wifi hotspot. A mobile wifi hotspot, battery-powered wireless device, which is specifically designed to be a travel companion to the user. The users can carry the hotspot device in their purses, day-packs, or pockets. Compact and lightweight, mobile wifi hotspot allows the users to use intent on their phone, tablet, or laptop, anywhere and anytime. When driving away from any public wifi system, the mobile wifi hotspot offers you a secure internet connection.
Table of Contents
- What To Look When Purchasing A Mobile Wifi Hotspot
- 8 Best No Contract Portable WiFi Hotspot Device
- Can I use a no-contract phone as a wifi device?
- What is the difference between WiFi and hotspot?
- Can I get WiFi without an Internet provider?
- Can you buy a hotspot without a contract?
- Is it bad for your phone to use it as a hotspot?
- Final Thoughts
What To Look When Purchasing A Mobile Wifi Hotspot
All you need is to buy the best cheap portable hotspot device and pay according to the data used. It can be easily accessed through the packages offered by the company, which allows unlimited access for a particular period.
But to opt for the best cheap portable hotspot device, available in the market, certain factors are important to be considered and taken care of. The following sections enlist some of those facts and points, which rationale customer, must look before purchasing the mobile wifi hotspot-
- Size is important
If not portable, then what is the point to purchase it? The device should be lightweight and portable enough to allow you to carry it anywhere. The best ones are usually small, lightweight, and compact devices.
- Battery life is essential
If you are a frequent and heavy user of the internet, then you need to look for that particular hotspot that offers you long battery life. When traveling to remote parts, where there can be electricity issues, it is advisable to opt for a device with paper battery backup. Most of the devices can work effectively for up to 5 to 6 hours.
- Card Reader
If the device offers you the capability of reading MicroSD memory cards, then that device can be the best option available. Some wifi hotspot that provides this facility, the user can easily store access files and data from their laptop or computer. It also allows you to share the stored data and files, with other users using your network.
- Wifi support is necessary
The internet coverage received from the WiFi hotspot may vary. It can be explained using an example-The range provided by a 5GHz band will be less, but the data can be transmitted at a faster speed. But with a 2.4GHz the range is more, but the data is transmitted at a slower speed. So, it is advisable to choose that mobile hotspot that fulfills your basic required needs.
Thus these were some of the factors which should be thoroughly studied and considered if planning to purchase a cheap portable WiFi hotspot device.
After listing these factors, here are some of the best cheap portable hotspot devices, which are effectively and efficiently capable of providing you internet facilities and portability.
8 Best No Contract Portable WiFi Hotspot Device
1. MIGHTY WIFI WORLDWIDE HIGH-SPEED HOTSPOT:
- 【15 GB US Data】 Every customer who buys a Mightywifi mobile wifi hotspot device will get 15 GB local high-speed data for the US ($25 USD Value) or Global 1 GB Data for 180 days. After you use up the 15 GB US data package, you can buy additional local or international data through Mightywifi Cloud App store and continue to use Mightywifi mobile wifi devices to meet your needs.
- 【Flexible and Low Cost Global Data Plan – 1 GB/30 Day Data Plan】 Australia $4, France $2, Germany $2, Hong Kong $5, Italy $2, Japan $1, South Korea $2, Macau $5, Morocco $3, Taiwan $4, Thailand $2, United Kingdom $2. Please check the website for other countries and additional data plans.
- 【Cloud SIM technology & Global coverage in more than 150 countries/regions】 There is no SIM card inside. Virtual SIM technology allows you to enjoy 4G high-speed data without buying a local SIM when traveling overseas or on business. Macaroon WiFi travel router can use reliable 4G LTE networks (up to 150 Mbps download / 50 Mbps upload) in more than 150 countries and regions without any roaming fees.
- 【3600 mAh rechargeable battery】A built-in 3600 mAh rechargeable battery can provide 13+ hours of power. It's light weight 4.76 oz, small, and makes travel convenient and worry-free.
- 【Share Your Connection】 Mightywifi 4G wifi router gives you unlocked access to local WiFi networks. Maximum 10 mobile devices (e.g. mobile phones, iPads, computers, iWatch, etc.) can be connected at a time. You can share 4G LTE mobile wifi hotspot with your family and friends and share the same secure network.
- 【SIM Card Slot】 You can use your own SIM card. Please call our customer care team, if the slot is unlocked.
- 【Exclusive APP & Data Package】 You can manage, and buy more data in our Data Store quickly and easily. After you use up the data package, just download Mightywifi Cloud App from “Apple Store" or "Google Play Store" for access. Download it to keep track of your data usage and instant recharges while you're on the move! No contract or extra roaming charges.
The first portable WiFi included in the list is Mighty Wifi High-Speed Hotspot. It is the personal US. A global Wifi Hotspot device, which offers a secure, cost-effective, and fast mobile internet service to its users. This Mighty WiFi device is based on a pay-as-you-go service. The user can simply purchase the data package, which suits your requirements.
Mighty WiFi offers coverage in 150 countries-It includes-Africa, Asia, The United States Of America, Oceania(Australia, Fiji, New Zealand), Europe(Turkey, United Kingdom, United States Virgin Islands, Vatican)
How to access Mighty WiFi?
Follow these simple steps, to access the Mighty WiFi services-
- First and foremost purchase, the device and its data package, for the country you wish to travel.
- According to the country, data, and its size, activate your data plan.
- Mighty WiFi gets your connected up to 5 gadgets
- Then keep recharging the data plan, according to the needs, or services required.
Mighty Wifi, is one of the best cheap portable WiFi hotspot devices available in the market which offers efficient features like coverage in up to 150 countries with no sim card, no roaming charges, and no contracts. It is secured, personal, and password protected, which comes with 4G LTE fast speed. The devices have a powerful battery backup of up to 12 working hours.
2. NETGEAR 4G LTE BROADBAND MODEM:
- Use as your primary Internet connection in areas that do not have strong broadband service
- Ideal for rural homes or homes that do not have strong broadband service.
- Connect the LTE modem to your WiFi router and share connection with all your WiFi and wired devices.
- Unlocked device will accept all Micro-SIM cards. AT&T, T-Mobile: device supports all mobile bands. Verizon: device supports limited bands. May not connect in some areas. LTE Category 4: Bands 2, 4, 5, and 12. 3G UMTS: Bands 2 and 5
- System requirements-Compatible 2G/3G/4G LTE Mobile Service (3FF Micro-SIM). Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, Mac OS (10.6.8. and newer) and other operating systems running a TCP/IP network (for accessing Web Management User Interface). Compatible browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher (for accessing Web Management User Interface)
Another best WiFi hotspot mentioned in the list is the Netgear 4G LTE broadband modem. It is one of the best hotpot solutions for all your devices. The Netgear WiFi hotspot has a Gigabit Ethernet WAN Port, which offers you to plug in the wireless router and share a connection with any of the WiFi devices or Wired devices. It is compact, lightweight, and convenient. It is insanely easy to install and access.
How Netgear works?
- All you have to do is simply connect the LTE Modem to your router or computer directly.
- The device provides you 4G LTE or 3G broadband connection.
It is secured, and provides a high-speed DSL internet connection, with 150 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload speed. It offers two connectors for optional 4G/3G connection antennas for proper signal reception.
3. RAVPOWER FILEHUB TRAVEL ROUTER AC750:
Ravpower offers wireless data transfer and backup anytime anywhere. It easily connects to SD Cards, portable hard drives, and other devices like your phone,iPad,iPad Pro, Tablet, or laptop. It is capable of transferring files mutually between SD Card, SSD/HDD, and your device. It is upgraded with 300 Mbps WiFi speed on 2.4GHz and 433Mbps on 5GHz.
It offers one key backup. It also allows the user to convert a wired network to a private network and also share the internet access to other various devices via AP Modem/Router or Bridge Mode. Through the device, the user can also stream music, video, photos, or any doughnuts. The device is also capable of an automatic backup of the user’s latest photos or videos.
How to Use Ravpower?
- First, turn on battery LED Light by pressing the power button, and let it charge.
- Turn on the WiFi icon light by pressing the power button. It allows you to access one key backup, wireless data transfer, travel route.
- Connect the WiFi to your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Now you can transfer files via app or web.
- Lastly, change the password set to the admin.
4-. TP-LINK AC750 WIRELESS PORTABLE NANO TRAVEL ROUTER:
- Travel Sized Design: Conveniently small and light to pack and take on the road, creating Wi Fi network via Ethernet
- Dual Band AC750 Wi Fi: Strong, fast connection for HD streaming on all your devices
- One Switch for Multiple Modes: Perfect for Wi Fi at Home, your hotel room or on the road
- Flexible Power: Micro USB port to an adapter, portable charger or laptop
- Industry leading 2 year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
Designed and developed with a compact designed structure, TP-Link wireless portable is convenient enough for the user to carry it anywhere he wants. The device comes with a mini USB power supply, and built-in adapted, which offer easy transport of devices. The TP-link device is a next-gen WiFi standard -802.11 ac which works three times faster than wireless network speeds. It includes features like access point modes, range extender, router, and hotspot.
To allow easy sharing of files and media through internet browsers with other different computer drives, the TP-link offers a multifunctional USB port. The USB port can also provide power supply up to 5V/2A to mobile devices and tablets. The frequency ranges offered by the device is 2,4GHz and 5GHz.Its other specifications are -WAN/LAN port,1 USB port,1 Mode switch, one reset button,1 WPS Button. The device is capable of offering combined wireless data transfer at the rate of up to 773Mbps
5. SKYROAM SOLIS LITE,4G WIFI MOBILE HOTSPOT:
- A portable Wi-Fi hotspot that goes wherever you go. Whether you're close to home or globetrotting, get Superfast 4G LTE Wi-Fi with Multi-Carrier access for unlimited productivity.
- Work, Learn or Play from Anywhere. Stay connected domestically or abroad with your personal Wi-Fi hotspot and Solis’ fast, reliable mobile data in over 135 countries around the world. Global and Domestic Wi-Fi plans available.
- Built-in 4700 mAh Power Bank: Stay online all day with 16+ hours of battery life in your Solis Wi-Fi hotspot. Keep all your gadgets charged on-the-go. ank: Stay online all day long with 16+ hours of battery life and keep all your gadgets charged on-the-go.
- No SIM card needed. Solis' patented Virtual SIM technology automatically provides access to multiple carriers, giving you the best available signal with the fastest data wherever you go.
- Share your Wi-Fi connection with up to 10 devices simultaneously. Flexible and affordable data plans allow you to purchase service by the Day, Month, or GB package - Global or Local. No contracts. Cancel anytime. More detailed information in the product description below.
Another amazing and powerful cheap portable WiFi hotspot device included in this list is Skyroam Solis Lite 4G Mobile Hotspot device. A well-designed pocket-size device offers a personal 4G LTE connection. The hotspot is sharable for up to 10 devices. The users can control the Hotspot through Solis WiFi App. The users can even avail of the service of this internet provider with no sim cards and no contracts.
It offers 24 hours of an unlimited WiFi hotspot. It is based on a pay-as-you-go method and costs $9.With an unlimited monthly subscription, with no contract, the user can enjoy unlimited global connectivity for 30 days. They can cancel the plan anytime.
Skyroam offer internet coverage facility in almost 130+ countries-
These countries include-
Asia, The United States Of America, Europe, Africa, South Pacific, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Middle East(Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates.)
Thus, with the services mentioned above, one can go for this portable WiFi hotspot device, without giving any second thoughts.
6. HUAWEI E5330Bs- 2 3G MOBILE WIFI HOTSPOT:
- Huawei E5330Bs-2 OEM, ORIGINAL from Huawei / WITHOUT CARRIER LOGO. Original box and software. Never locked item!
- Maximum working time: 5-6 hours with 1500 mAh battery. Support 10 WiFi devices simultaneously
- 3G HSPA+ 2100 / 900 MHz data service of up to 21.6 Mbit/s.
- Unlocked to ALL networks - 3G in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, Venezuela (Digitel ONLY!). Controllable via Huawei Hi-Link app
- THIS MODEL WILL NOT WORK IN THE AMERICAS AND USA - PLEASE LOOK FOR HUAWEI E5330Bs-6!
With the capability of providing WiFi facility to 10 devices simultaneously, Huawei is one of the best cheap portable WiFi hotspot devices, which provides efficient and effective mobile connectivity. For Small Office and Home Office Professionals Huawei can be the best multimode wireless terminal. Along with Android, Huawei mobile WiFi hotspot can connect to Microsoft and Mac devices.
The most compact 21 Mbs 3G router device can even fit your palm. It provides a much faster web service if compared to other Hotspot devices available in the market. The user can efficiently download and upload the required content, music, videos, files, or images.
The device aptly works up to 6 hours, with a powerful 1500 mAh battery.
It provides 3G internet services to countries like Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, Venezuela.
The device can be controlled via Huawei Hi-Link App.
7. SKYROAM SOLIS X SMARTPHONE:
- Combining fast, secure 4G LTE WiFi in 130 countries, a remote camera, power bank, and integrated smart assistant into one pocket-sized gadget. Connect, post, charge, email, track, photograph… all without SIMs or contracts
- Get out of the house and stay connected while avoiding crowded cafes and risky public WiFi networks. Stay productive at the beach, the park, or even your favorite restaurant. Stop looking for a reliable WiFI network and be your own.
- Built-in 4700 mAh Power Bank: Stay online all day long with 16+ hours of battery life and keep all your gadgets charged on-the-go
- Shareable WiFi and Flexible Plans: Share your WiFi connection with up to 10 devices at once. Flexible data plans allow you to buy service by the Day, Month, Region or GB. Data starts as low as $6 per GB. More detailed information in the product description below.
- App Controlled Remote Camera: 8MP wide-angle camera with 720p HD video, auto-focus, and flash. Capture and records photos and videos of the whole group or family without bad selfie angles, or when there’s no one else around
Offering efficient internet services in almost 130 countries, Skyraom Solis is one of the most powerful global WiFi Hotspot, which provides super-fast 4G LTE speed. The device can connect to 5 devices. It is convenient to carry, sleek, and stylish. The device comes with a remote camera, a power bank, and integrated smart assistance. With 4700 mAh built-in power bank, the device offers 16 + hour-long battery life.
With this pocket-sized device, the users can connect, post, share files and documents, with no sim card or contracts. The device comes with Solis X remote camera which includes special attributes like a self-timer feature,8 MP flash, a wide-angle view, recording, and a live streaming facility. Skyroam Solis X covers countries like Asia, The United States Of America, Europe, Africa, the South Pacific, and the Middle East.
8. NETGEAR UNITE EXPLORE AC815S:
- DOES THIS DEVICE NEED A SIM CARD: Yes this device needs a micro size SIM card, (not-Included though Free from most GSM Networks with activation of an account) There will be a sticker with the Unlock code enclosed on the box Label in case you need to reformat the device or change your Network provider.
- WHAT NETWORK FREQUENCIES ARE SUPPORTED BY THIS DEVICE: The Phone will support the folowing Technology Bands: 3G 4G HSPA+ UMTS 850 900 1900 2100MH. 4G LTE Bands 1 2 3 4 5 7 12 17 29 30 with enhanced backhaul with Global roaming supported. Please contact your Network provider (prior to purchase) and inquer if they support these bands in your area to ensure the device will work Properly.
- WHAT CAN I EXPECT OUT OF THE BOX: A removable 4,300mAh battery that lasts for 22 hours of continuous streaming (Removable W-9 Battery enclosed), as well as a Battery boost cable The charging port is a USB 3.0 port, which also lets you connect it as a USB modem, or to charge a device with the Battery Boost cable , you can also use a micro USB cable to charge the Hotspot the charger that comes with the device is a 2 PC Micro USB 2.0 (not a 3.0 although the port is 3.0). And a Waterproof back door
- WHAT DOES UNLOCKED REALLY MEAN: Unlocked devices are compatible with GSM carriers the kinds that Use SIM Cards for Service like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as with GSM SIM cards (e.g. H20, Straight Talk, and select prepaid carriers) Unlocked Devices will not work with CDMA Carriers the kinds that dont use sim cards for service like Sprint, Verizon, Boost or Virgin (contact your network provider prior to purchasing for verification that they support GSM frequencies).
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WILL NOT WORK ON VERIZON OR SPRINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another powerful portable WiFi hotspot included in this list of the best cheap portable WiFi hotspots is Netgear Unite Explore AC815S. This water-resistant WiFi hotspot comes with a variety of advanced features like content filtering, guest WiFi with optional time and AT & T unite explore, which offers security and safety. The product comes with a removable 430 mAh battery.
To allow the user to connect the charging port to a USB modem, the charging port is a 3.0 USB Port. The device comes with a USB cable that can be used to charge the Hotspot. All these advanced features, makes this Netgear Wifi hotspot device, one of the most preferred cheap portable WiFi hotspot devices in the market, by potential users.
- How to Get Free Wireless Internet?
- How to Get WiFi without Internet Provider?
- How to Get WiFi at Home without Cable
- How to Get Free Government Internet and Laptop
Can I use a no-contract phone as a wifi device?
One of the most common and basic questions raised by many curious minds is whether a user can use a no-contract phone as a WiFi device. A contract phone is a phone which is sod without a carrier agreement. For your information, most smartphones can be used as a WiFi hotspot. Mind you. We have mentioned ‘most’ phones, which means there are still some exceptions when it comes to using a phone as a WiFi device.
We would like to mention that for using a contract phone as a Wifi device, there is no requirement of enabling a hotspot service when using cell phone carriers. With the ‘WiFi tethering’ feature, the user can transform a smartphone into a wireless internet router.
What is the difference between WiFi and hotspot?
Now comes the most confusing part for all internet users. Is there any difference between WiFi and Hotspot? The answer is YES. They are about different.WiFi is a wireless internet providing technology that can connect mobile devices to the internet without any use of cables, through radio frequencies. But when talking about Hotspot, it is a physical location at a public place served by an access point, which is used and accessed to connect devices to another, by using WiFi.
Can I get WiFi without an Internet provider?
The Internet service providers charge almost $40 to $60 for allowing access to internet connection service. But many people ask the question of whether they can avail themselves WiFi without an Internet Service Provider. So the answer can be YES.
Though certain ways can be used to get WiFi without an Internet Provider. These methods can be-
- Mobile Hotspot-You can easily use your smartphone to create a WiFi signal, which can be used to connect with a laptop, tablet, or any other device.
- Tethering-You can use a USB cable to connect your mobile to your laptop and can access the internet service.
- WiFi USB Dongle- Known as instant internet, WiFi USBs are small USB devices, which use a SIM Card to access the internet via Wireless Provider.
Can you buy a hotspot without a contract?
Another frequently raised question is that can a user buy a hotspot without a contract. Then the answer is YES!
If your smartphone enjoys no restrictions for using it as a WiFi hotspot, then follow the below-mentioned steps for turning your phone into a hotspot without any contract.-
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Select the ‘wireless and networks’ option from the settings.
- Click on the ‘Portable WiFi hotspot.’
- Turn it on, and you can access hotspots without any plan or contract.
Get also the best WiFi modem & Router:
- Motorola MG7550 Cable Modem Plus AC1900 Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- NETGEAR C7800 Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router Combo Review
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFI USB Adapter Review
- Netgear Nighthawk C7000 Cable Modem WiFi Router Review
- How Do WiFi Extenders Work? Repeater, Booster, Extender?
Is it bad for your phone to use it as a hotspot?
This can be a complicated question. There are many issues raised by the users using their phones as a Hotspot. They are often concerned about the condition of their phone. This can be a serious issue for many heavy and frequent users of mobile hotspots.
It is true. Using your phone as a hotspot on a regular and heavy basis alters the conditions of your phone. When you turn your smartphone into a hotspot device, it starts to wear out the phone’s battery in translating a 4G or 3G connection into internet access.
You can avoid this situation by waiting for a proper WiFi network to connect with your phone, tablet, for loop to. This might be the only way to avoid faster drainage of your phone’s battery when using it as a Hotspot.
These are some of the best cheap portable wifi hotspot devices available in the market. These devices offer a proper internet service along with a powerful battery backup system. These portable WiFi hotspot devices can be effectively and efficiently used and accessed without sim cards and contracts.
Travelling isn’t a dull endeavor anymore! With these compact, lightweight, and sleek, stylish devices, the users can enjoy intense services at any time anywhere. Whether sending important emails or documents, streaming music, or sharing pictures or videos, this device will always provide essential hotspot facilities.