Fiber Optic Internet is getting now an indispensable part of life because of its faster speed and reliability. It is the transmission of unlimited internet data by light signals that move on a fiber encased in a cable. The signal is commonly known as a strong and powerful transmission of data over large distances. For business, online education or family home entertainment purpose, people are seeking a better service like fiber optic internet. Fiber optic internet benefit is limitless in terms of cost, speed, and reliability. However, internet service providers are going to provide this type of connection to make sure better customer service.
What cities have fiber optic internet?
Fiber optic internet is one of the best choices for people who want to get higher speed in terms of using the internet. But the fiber optic internet is not covered nationwide. Approximately 25% of areas are covered by fiber optic internet. For example, in the state of Alabama, the fiber optic internet has covered about 1,032,233 people where 66 fiber providers are ensuring fiber optic internet.
- Spectrum Business Internet Plans and Pricing
- AT&T Business Internet Review: Plans and Pricing
- Cox High Speed Internet Plans & Packages
- Top 10 Best Business Phone and Internet Providers
6 Best Fiber Optic Internet Providers List
Though DSL type of internet is going to be backdated, some best-known internet service providers are going to provide fiber type internet. The most common names that we get are as bellows.
1. $40 AT&T Fiber Optic Internet
AT&T is the leading internet service provider nationwide. When you are searching for fiber optic internet, this internet service provider is going to be the best one because of its powerful bandwidth and wide range of coverage. You just can shop fiber internet starting from $40 monthly payment which can ensure up to 100 Mbps speed. You can easily sign up for AT&T and fiber connection with no extra charge. However, AT&T provides both types of the internet like DSL and Fiber. But the Fiber type of internet can be a good option if you are worried about speed. The speed limit is from 100Mbps to 1000Mbps.
AT&T Internet plans and prices are affordable but this price can vary according to your location. Additionally, you may experience a speed limit according to your area.
- Internet Basic 5 has starting price $30 monthly that provides download speed up to 5 Mbps which also can support 1-3 devices
- Internet 100 has starting price $40 monthly that provides download speed up to 100 Mbps which also can support 4-12 devices
- Internet 300 has starting price $50 monthly that provides download speed up to 300 Mbps which also can support 12-13 devices
- Internet 1000 has starting price $70 monthly that provides download speed up to 1000 Mbps which also can support 12-14 devices
Why You Need to Choose AT&T
It is really worth getting the internet service from AT&T because of being a leading company and a nationwide strong network.
- Unlimited data AT&T Fiber 1000 and AT&T internet and TV bundles
- you can have free access to 30,000+wifi hotspot locations
- There is full control over your Wi-Fi connection with the smart home manager app.
- Internet provided by AT&T is fully secured by suite powered by McAfee to make sure your connected device is secured.
- Technical Support available 24/7
Recommended to Read:
2. $49.99 Cox Fiber Optic Internet
There is no issue of speed because Cox is commonly known as the best speed provider indeed. However, when you are in need of fiber optic internet, Cox is going to be the best option as you pay $49.99 monthly but the speed is up to 100 Mbps. Cox has different plans and features and you have to choose according to your needs.
- Cox Internet Starter 10 plan has up to 10 Mbps speed in selected areas at the rate of $19.99 monthly that can cover 1-3 devices. This can be good for you when you have a lower demand on internet. Basic browsing, email, and social media are most common.
- Cox Internet Essential 30 plan has up to 30 Mbps speed in selected areas at the rate of $29.99 monthly that can cover 3-5 devices. This can be effective for you when you want to stream movies, music, browsing social media and downloading small files.
- Cox internet preferred 100 plan has up to 100 Mbps at the rate of $49.99 that covers 5-7 devices. This plan is going to be the best internet for gaming, streaming and moderate browsing.
- Cox Internet Ultimate plan has up to 300 Mbps in selected areas at the rate of $69.99 monthly that covers 7-9 devices. This plan can serve the purpose of downloading large files, host video chat, gaming, etc.
- Cox Internet Gigablast plan has up to 1000 Mbps in selected areas at the rate of $99.99 that covers more than 9 devices. This is going to serve the needs of unlimited streaming, gaming, downloading large files and browsing the internet by unlimited devices.
3. $45 Century Link Fiber Optic Internet
Century Link is a better option to go by locking your price and there is no reason to be worried about the price hike. The most common package starts from $45 that ensures up to 3 Mbps that can be used easily for bundle Wi-Fi with TV entertainment. However, you need to check out that Century Link does not provide any home Wi-Fi but you can get internet plans as below
- CenturyLink high-speed plans have 60 Mbps at the rate of $45 monthly that covers 1-4 devices
- CenturyLink Fiber plans have 100 Mbps at the rate of $65 that covers 5-10 devices
- CenturyLink Fiber GIG Plan has 1000 Mbps at the rate of $85 monthly that has no limit of devices because unlimited devices can be connected with this plan.
4. $39.99 Verizon Fiber Optic Internet
How much speed do you need from Verizon? Well, there is no issue of speed because Verizon has a strong fiber network that can feed the needs of speeds. Additionally, the service from Verizon can be one of the best ways to go as the customers feel satisfaction by using Verizon. There are different plans of Verizon internet and you need to make sure which category you need to buy. Verizon has major three plans
- 100/100Mbps internet plan has 100/100 Mbps download speed and the price of this plan is only $39.99 with autopay. Luckily you will be able to connect to at least 4-7 devices.
- 300/300 Mbps Internet plan has 300/300 Mbps at the rate of $59.99 with autopay that ensures 8+ devices connection without any hassle of speed.
- FiOS Gigabit plan has 940/880 Mbps speed that costs you $79.99 with autopay and this speed is capable of covering up to 100 devices.
5. $34.99 Suddenlink Fiber Optic Internet
Did you know SuddenLink is one of the best internet service providers that you may know? In case you are worried about speed, there is no issue because the plans start from $34.99 that brings speed up to 50 Mbps. No matter your home entertainment or any other internet purposes, Suddenlink is committed to giving you better service indeed.
- Internet 100 plan has 100 Mbps speed that costs only $54.99 monthly that covers 4-10 devices. This can be good for light internet users, social networking, streaming shows, etc.
- Internet 150 plan has up to 150 Mbps speed that costs $74.99 monthly that covers 11-12 devices so easily. People who want to use the internet frequently, play games and HD streaming can use this plan without any hassle of speed requirement.
- Internet 200 plan in selected areas has 200 Mbps that costs $44.99 monthly payments and covers 11-12 devices. People who want to use frequent internet, streaming, and online education can have no issue of speed.
- Internet 400 plans in selected areas have 400 Mbps speed that costs $54.99 and covers 13.15 devices. This plan is going to be the best in terms of frequent internet users, video uploading, social networking, and 4K devices.
- Internet 1 Gig plan has up to 1000 Mbps speed that costs $84.99 in selected markets and covers 15+ devices. This is also good for heavy internet users, gaming and HD streaming.
6. $24.99 Frontier Fiber Optic Internet
Frontier has a widespread network in nationwide as service is available in 29 States of America with the DSL connection. Frontier FiOS has a 100% fiber-optic network available in 7 States that can be good to go with Frontier FiOS. So you can check it out in case your state is eligible for a Frontier optic fiber network. However, one can get Frontier internet plans at the best and affordable price.
- Frontier Internet plan has 6 Mbps speed at the rate of $24.99 that covers 1 device
- Frontier preferred internet plan has 25 Mbps speed at the rate of 27.99 that covers 2.3 devices
- Frontier premium internet plan has 45 Mbps at the rate of $34.99 monthly that covers 4-6 devices
- Frontier FiOS 50M/50M plan has 50 Mbps speed at the rate of $29.99 monthly that covers 4-6 devices.
- Frontier FiOS 200M/200M plan has 200 Mbps at the rate of $39.99 monthly that covers 7-9 devices easily
- Frontier FiOS 500M/500M plan has 500Mbps at the rate of $39.99 monthly that covers 10-12 devices
- Frontier FiOS 1G/1G plan has 1000 Mbps speed at the rate of $199.99 monthly that covers 12-20 devices.
FAQs of Fiber Optic Internet
Most commonly, there are a few questions about fiber optic internet which are asked by the people frequently. Here we are going to answer some questions that may benefit you.
Q. Is fiber optic Internet wireless?
Ans: Fiber internet is a type of internet that may be about connection through fiber optic lines. Fiber is one of the hands-down the most reliable way to get connected to the internet. In general, there are different types of fiber internet but fiber optic cable internet is much more efficient in terms of supplying speed. On the other hand, wireless broadband is a type of internet connection that is accessed without fiber that works on radio frequencies. In the wireless process, data transmission is happened by electromagnetic waves that is completed through space.
Q. Do you need a phone line for fiber optic Internet?
Ans: The fiber internet is growing and it is not covered everywhere in the country. But DSL type of internet is widely available because it is wired. However, there is no issue to have a phone line for fiber optic internet. Fiber optic works on a special cable which is designed to transmit data with the help of light. This type of cable is made for only internet data transmission. Technically you don’t need to have a phone line for fiber optic internet. More importantly, you need to install fiber optic cables where fiber optic internet is available.
Q. Is fiber optic Internet better?
Ans: Now that people are getting advanced with the help of the Internet. A few years back, the speed of the internet was very shocking. With the help of broadband connection, people have started a better experience in using internet. Fiber Optic internet is covering everywhere and people are happy to get this internet connection. People don’t have to compromise any issue of speed, cost, and reliability when they are using a fiber type of internet. Business, education and home entertainment purposes can be accelerated very faster than before with the help of fiber optic internet.
Q. How much does fiber optic Internet cost?
Ans: Fiber internet is one of the fasted internet compared to any other form of internet. Download speed ranges from 25 Mbps to 75 Mbps and more according to the different internet service providers. However, there are different plans for the internet of different internet service providers. For example, Google Fiber is giving 100 Mbps at a rate of $50 per month. If you think that the cost is no issue, you should go fiber optic internet for a better experience in using the internet.
Fiber optic internet is now getting much popular in the country. So gone days are over and you are waiting for something new. Part of the new things, fiber optic is needless to say that it is one of the best forms of the internet that does not compromise with speed. However, there are some best internet service providers who are giving high speed at affordable prices indeed. Though this type of internet is not covered nationwide this type of internet can be used for larger tasks on the internet like a business, research, and large home entertainment.